Support – Common Solutions in Delano, Bakersfield, Tulare, McFarland, Earlimart, Richgrove, Pixley, CA, and the Surrounding Areas
MRV Service Air, Inc is proud to be providing standard solutions to our customers in Delano, Bakersfield, Tulare, McFarland, Earlimart, Richgrove, Pixley, California, and the surrounding areas. All of our technicians are trained and certified so you can rest assured. That you are putting your air conditioning and heating project in the right hands. So contact your local experts today!
My heating or air conditioning suddenly stopped working
The first place to start troubleshooting is your thermostat.
Is it turned on?
Is it set to the proper temperature?
Is it working (batteries)?
Secondly has the breaker box or fuse box been “tripped” and need to be re-set or a new fuse installed?
Replace your air conditioning filter once a month
A dirty air filter can restrict airflow and prevent proper operation of your air conditioning unit, increase energy costs and lead to an early failure of your unit.
Clear debris in and around your unit
Trim nearby trees, bushes, and shrubs at least two feet away from your unit to ensure proper air circulation ventilation, and operation. In addition clean any leaves dirt or trash that may be trapped inside your unit’s grill.
Tips to reduce energy costs
- Have a qualified HVAC professional inspect your home’s heating and air conditioning ducts and equipment.
- Install a programmable thermostat so you can pre-set temperatures for different times of the day and season.
- Seal air leaks around windows, doors, attic, basement, and crawlspaces.
- Check your attic for proper insulation. (The U.S. Department of Energy suggests a value between R-22 and R-49)
- Lower the temperature of your hot water tank. Wrap it with an energy-saving blanket and insulate the pipes connected to it.
- Make sure your refrigerator and freezer’s seals are airtight.
- Wash only full loads in your clothes washer and dishwasher.
- Turn off any lights you don’t need to reduce heat and save energy in your home.
- If it’s time to replace your air conditioner, look for an ENERGY STAR-qualified model to help reduce cooling costs up to 20 percent.